Saturday, March 31, 2007

Just another blog

I have been busy and finally the Internet is back in the Academy. Well here's my piece.

I wish to continue on writing about being a soldier first and writer only second. As I was thinking more of that topic, so many new ideas are coming and I am learning more reasons on why I should share these thoughts?

How many people can actually say they are doing something that they believe God has intended for them. I may not be able to fully explain how I have come to that conclusion but as I always say, God speaks to us as we experience our faith and I am lucky that in this area of my life I am sure of it.

Well, this is not to claim that I have some gift of diving prophecy of some sort but this is just to support my reason for choosing things. As with giving up writing for the magazine altogether, I have realized that it is following a path that has been drawn out for me to follow. Not that I will forget the joy I experienced in being able to write my pieces for the magazine, but I will submit to whatever it is that God has planned for me. I know it is not always easy because even as I write this now, I wish that I was doing what I enjoyed doing. But in my experience as a person, I have learned that the things we do in our life is a reflection of the kind of person that we are. And for me, I choose to be a person that submitted myself to the divine being. It may not something that people will consider as wise but it is the desire of my heart to follow a whisper I heard in my journey for this life.

I want to share about something that really got to me a few days back. You see, I am the kind of person who totally hates it when people force me to do something. I hate it more when they insist on it and then connect it to some problem I have either with attitude or just being plain stubborn. I believe that I have become more tolerant to people like this through the years but I can not stand it when the way I see things is not respected and worse, being offended because of that is considered a laughing matter. I am sorry if there are things about me that people do not understand, I personally think that I do not need to explain myself to everybody. I am sorry that I can not always give in to people for the reason that there are certain things about me that make me the kind of person that I am. But I also say that I am entitled to be myself. A choice to do something should be respected especially if it is more of a preference rather than a question of morality or ethics. I hate it the most when people take lightly the things that are important to me much more laugh at it. I believe it is more insulting to do something against your will just because you do not want to be impolite, if that is the definition of politeness then I'd rather be impolite. I just want to say that, as I said it got to me and I hate it.
Well I have to go now, there is not much sense on me at this point till then....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I believe it is more insulting to do something against your will just because you do not want to be impolite, if that is the definition of politeness then I'd rather be impolite. "


is this what you call a good soldier? a man who contradicts himself has no right to pretend to noble convictions.

Alex Cabales said...

I do not know how you understood that statement but just for your benefit whoever you are...

"If you do something that you do not want to do and you do it because you do not want to be impolite then you are insulting the person you are doing it for. I'd rather be impolite if that is the case..."

Anyway, I think you are getting into something that seems to be far from the topic of that something that I am talking about... its actually eating something that I did not want to eat... thinking about it now and this reaction, I should have pointed that out just to avoid that experience being connected to my value as a soldier... :) Well it was fun... har har har

Anonymous said...

your replies are ridiculous, and so is your attitude. why laugh at a glaring mistake that only you can make? you post your life on the web for all to see and yet you can't handle any kind of criticism, which only comes as a result of declaring your thoughts as public consumption. the mere fact that you are on a public blog means you have given up all right to a sense of "privacy" or "a right to be judged". you are obviously confused about what you are as a person and what you are as a soldier, and it is increasingly obvious that you are unable to unite the two nor place a reasonable boundary between them.

you have failed to make your point clear; as a result you feel you have been misjudged. and for your lack of clarity in writing and your negligence in making your point through, you lash out at comments made as a result of your inconsistencies. you encourage your poor pittance of a reading public to make their comment, and yet, when you hear something negative, albeit close to the truth, you cant swallow it unlike everyone else.

the only comments that you deserve are those coming from mindless teenagers who know nothing about what you're talking about except their fascination for your overrated uniform. and yeah, you do look like you're having a lot of fun, given the reply you just made ;)

Alex Cabales said...

You clearly hate me... :)

YaS said...

You both are ridiculous.You obviously do not have the tolerance for each other's character flaws. Arrogance and intolerance...go figure.

Alex Cabales said...

Sorry yas... my mistake... :)