Sunday, March 20, 2005

Thoughts from the movie "Spanglish"


It was not part of the plan to watch the movie but all of the sudden I find myself inside the movie house and enjoying what I first thought was a comedy but in reality was a heart warming movie full of lessons about family and parenting. I can not remember the last time that a movie was able to touch me the way this movie did. There was indeed comedy and the movie house had a lot of laughter especially on scenes that involved the language barrier between Flor (Paz Vega) and Adam Sandler's Family (I forgot their surname). In reality, the comedy was just a strategy to portray family and parenting from the heart. I surely would not hesitate to recommend the movie and I'm very sure that people who have seen the movie will themselves examine their attitude towards parenting and family in general.

No comments: