Saturday, October 20, 2007

Update

It has been a while since I blogged. The days where just so busy that everytime I sit in front of the computer, I do not wish to think anymore. That is the reason why I am not able to compose any new blogs. But anyway, this afternoon, I had lunch with the members of the Veteran's Federation of the Philippines which visit the Academy annually. These are my thoughts during the lunch.


It is not the first time that I saw them entered the mess hall, but there was something different I observed as they started picking which seat to occupy. I saw their bull rings. Well some of these war veterans are actually graduates of my Academy and I just can't help but feel a sense of pride that in some aspect these brave old people and I belong to the same circle.

Yesterday, I was discussing with some of my instructors during a much anticipated free time preparing for the 9th National Debate Championship which we will be hosting starting tommorrow. I told them about how I feared being in my first real firefight, with me leading a platoon and soldiers (more battle seasoned than me) looking at me asking me for instructions in what we are going to do. Although the conversation was a bit funny, I kind of felt that my fears were creeping into my system.

Here's an update in my pull up problem. This morning I made four good pull ups and that people are actually noticing that I have become thinner. Well, I guess I still have a lot of work to do, but at least I have improved. I guess that's it for now, and by the way tomorrow's my birthday.

I love you people

1 comment:

ian said...

All the best in the days and years ahead! God bless you and your loved ones =]

Take it easy- one pull up at a time =]