Monday, July 23, 2007

The dreams that we live

After my class today, I decided I do not want to stay inside my room anymore. I figured if I went back to reading Harry Potter (yes its Book 7 hehehe, I had it the day it was in the stores) I will not be able to do anything productive anymore, so I said I'll go on "pasyal." My "pasyal" took me to the library and amazingly in front of the computer (its not like PMA has a lot of "pasyal" places). Catching up with people through the net (since I am totally detached from the cellphone) I realized that it is the birthday of a very good friend and that another friend will be leaving for the States tomorrow for a scholarship. So I will tell the story about this two people. They are in fact special people in my life.

At a time when I did not know what to do with my life, we were dreaming together. One would wonder how the three of us became friends. I was a person with a lot to say about things, another one was a scientist who can lecture you about the composition of the DNA and another is a beautiful girl who is definitely a head turner. The thing with the three of us was that we met at a time when we were just trying to figure out what to do with our lives. We were at a point in our life when life was uncertain.

For me, I eventually got what I wanted. I went back to PMA and here I am now counting the days until I'm done. The beautiful girl has also found a place of her own. Although I know how she hates being analyzed, I can sense in our little interactions that she is happy where she is. And finally, the Dexter's apprentice, she's leaving the country to pursue her dream.

That realization lead me to think about the things that happen in our lives. The path that we take even during the times when we were not very certain of the future. Thinking about all of it reminds me of the beauty that this life has to offer. The graciousness of God that never fails to touch us as long as we wait. In the 5 years that I have known these people. Much has changed and with the way things are going on in our life now, it seems that it will be a while before the three of us will be gathered in one place and talk about the things that have happened since the day we became friends. But I guess in all of it, the best thing is the realization that indeed life will turn out fine we just have to live it and deal with it.

To those who are at a point of finding out the direction of their life, the key there is to just live it and continue to trust.

No comments: