Monday, January 07, 2008

Tagged

Niña tagged me on her blog so I am answering these questions.

How long have you been blogging?

I have been blogging since 2003. I did not know blogging per sec at first, I was merely experimenting with the internet. I then discovered Adobe Photoshop which I found very cool. I then uploaded my "creations" for people to see. In time I placed text until I realized that I enjoyed just writing my thoughts. I had a manual blog up until 2004, that means I just write from Word and then paste it on the HTML file for my website. When I went back to PMA in 2004 I had to stop because I wanted to concentrate on my training as a first year cadet (that is actually the hardest year). By January 2005, I was already well adjusted and in one occasion created an account in blogspot. That is the same account I am using up to now. So all in all I have more or less 5 years.

What inspired you to start a blog and who are your mentors?

I did not write formally before but enjoyed expressing my ideas whether verbally or in writing. As I said, I realized that the website I created for my Photoshop creations became boring so I started composing write-ups from stories, to ideas, later on I realized what I was doing was the thing they call as blogging. I do not have an official mentor but I think what inspired me to continue what I do is the sense of freedom I feel when I write every entry. Being in PMA with all the things that I am not allowed to do it just feels so good that somewhere in the Internet I can be myself. Plus of course, I like to read my previous entries realizing how I have grown as a person and just being amazed with how God is orchestrating the things that are happening in my life. I think, my blog would speak for itself as a testimony of faith.

Are you trying to make money online, or just doing it for fun?

I do not know how to make money online from blogging, but if I did I would, I think it wouldn't be bad to earn some money for doing something that I like doing. But generally, what I do is for fun.

Tell me 3 things you LOVE about being online.

First, I like the fact that when you are online you are somehow stripped of perceptions from people and that my blog becomes their sole basis of who you are as a person. The way people now can be so superficial that people judge us before they even know who we are.
Second, I like the freedom with blogging. I think there is joy at being able to just express what we think and not care so much about how people will react on our ideas.
Finally, I like that being online reaches more people than one can imagine. It is surprising how much one can learn from all over just by sitting in front of a computer.

Tell me 3 things you STRUGGLE within the online world.
I think struggle is a very strong word but let us just say, things that I do not necessarily like.
I do not like comments that are simply done because some people are kulang sa pansin.
I do not like spammers because clearly they have nothing to do with their pitiful life.
I do not like how people abuse their being anonymous online and then rant about why people can be so suspicious... hello... logic???

Now I am passing this on to George, Hanna, Emarrah and Tito Nui

No comments: